To enter kindergarten in any school year, a child must be five years old on or before SEPTEMBER 2ND of that year. Proof of residence may be required. If you do not live within our school's boundary area, you may still choose to have your child attend this school through our School of Choice program.
To register a child, please present proof of date of birth (birth certificate, baptismal certificate or other legal proof) and the child's social security number. Parents must also present the child's written immunization record from a physician, nurse or health department. Prior to school entry, children must be immunized for the following:
- Rubella (German measles)
- Pertussis (whooping cough)
- Hepatitis B
*UPDATE: Please note that all dates, times, and locations are subject to change due to COVID-19 safety protocols and state/county mandates. All information will be updated and communicated as needed.
Kinder registration for the 2021/2022 school year will be held, in the Mill Street Caeteria, over the course of four days:
- Day 1: February 2, 2021, from 11:00-4:00 with students last name starting with A-H.
- Day 2: February 3, 2021, from 11:00-4:00 with students last name starting with I-Q
- Day 3: February 4, 2021, from 11:00-4:00 with students last name starting with R-Z
- Day 4: February 5, 2021, by appointment if unable to attend day scheduled by last name.
It is very helpful for next year's planning if you attend the scheduled time to register your incoming kindergarten student. If you are unable to register your child at these times, you may register anytime after the initial registration date at the school office.
*Information regarding details will be communicated through Mill Street mailers, Facebook, Mill Street website announcements, marquee, and front office communication.